No sound on youtube (Solved)

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Nov 17 05:36:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Ok, *this* time I know who I'm quoting.
>
> So, it seems we have the following.
>
> Mads and myself get it working without libflashsupport.
> Tom needs libflashsupport.

Well for me it turns out that Ignacio was right. I did not have
alsa-{lib,plugins-pulseaudio}.i386 installed. To confirm this was the problem,
I unininstalled libflashsupport restarted firefox and confirmed that the audio
was once again inop. I then did yum install alsa-{lib,plugins-pulseaudio}.i386
and restarted firefox. Audio was once again working.

So as far as I can tell, we do NOT need libflashsupport even on x86_64.

Ignacio, I am curious, how did you figure this out?

> I don't think anyone had to manually run mozilla-config-plugins, right?

I tried that initially but it did not seem to make a difference. When I
installed alsa-{lib,plugins-pulseaudio}.i386 I did NOT run it and things
are working.

Thanks to all that helped.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com