Flash support [branched fromRe: F10 on Homebuilt Box - Absolutely Brutal...!!!!] (64 bit Flash)

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Nov 17 17:34:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:57:44AM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:19:05PM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> > Well seems like a native x86_64 is coming (beta is out):
> > http://www.kaourantin.net/2008/11/64-bits.html
>
> A note to all--I don't use SELinux on my laptop, but according to some
> posts on Fedora forums, removing nspluginwrapper can interfere with
> SELinux.  Leaving in nspluginwrapper is fine, everything still works.

Even if SELinux is not in use nspluginwrapper insulates a browser
from plugins. So if your flash-plugin bombs out, which is not
unheard of, then a browser using it should survive.

In the URL quoted above its author lashes against nspluginwrapper.
If there are indeed problems they should be fixed (after they got
reported).  OTOH struggles he suggests to get a 64-bit version up do
not indicate a high quality code in flash-plugin.

    Michal