Flash plugin - where?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Nov 18 18:12:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 14:03 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2008 13:32:53 Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>
> > Or just to be specific about all of this...
> >
> > If you're running 32-bit: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
> > If you're running 64-bit: /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
>
> Well, as I said, firefox does not appear to look
> in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins on my 32-bit system,
> even though I have the latest nspluginwrapper installed.
>
> Some details:
> [tim at mary ~]$ firefox --version
> Mozilla Firefox 3.0.2, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2008 mozilla.org
> [tim at mary ~]$ grep nspluginwrapper /var/log/rpmpkgs
> nspluginwrapper-1.1.2-4.fc10.i386.rpm
> [tim at mary ~]$ uname -a
> Linux ... 2.6.27.5-109.fc10.i686 #1

If your running a 386 system, then nspluginwrapper is not needed for the
plugin.  That is only needed for the official flash plugin release from
adobe when the package is used on a 64bit system (at least for now,
until they officially release the new 64bit  plugin they are finally
working on).

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org