saving the desktop?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:44:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 15:31 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I use "restore previous session", which works well for me, but I'll
> see what I can find out for you.

That won't work for me because I don't always want the full desktop, so
I start a basic setup then fire up slow-to-start things like Evolution
or Firefox as needed. (For example I need to run "pkill gnome-key"
before starting Evolution. I know I could write a small script etc. etc.
but that's not really the point).

I use "restore manually saved session" because I went through the
rigmarole I described earlier in order to save it. That's what I'd like
to change.

poc