Here again with bugs on Window shared folders.

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 12:37:06 UTC 2008

2008/11/20 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl>:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:56:51PM +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> Surprise!!!! we are not far from official release and again if I want
>> to surf an shared folder on a Windows machine,
>
> Surfing is usually done on water using surfing boards.
> I'm not sure how you can surf a folder... ;)
>
>> I see the shared
>> folders and again I get the message that I cannot mount shared
>> directory!!!!
>
> But seriously, we are too close to a release to make non-critical
> changes now. The fix (if any) will come as an update later. Have
> you filed a bug report in bugzilla?
>
> Regards,
> R.
>
> --
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
> Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling
> Warsaw University  |  http://www.icm.edu.pl  |  tel. +48 (22) 5540810
>
> --

No I have not filed a bug (and I will not file): as we are close to
the release, I suggest that any change that are critical should be
tested by developers as many of us had a working system and now it is
broken (the it-is-rawhide-and-it-can-be-broken song should not played
at this point of development)
Furthermore this is a cyclic bug and my working conditions are quite
standard (a mixed environment between Fedora and Windows) that some
developer should have also at home ;-) even Windows is not loved...
And last I don't know which component to blame, for sure this happened
between monday and today, because on monday morning everything was
o.k. (My systems are fully updated)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag