Here again with bugs on Window shared folders.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Nov 20 13:40:31 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> 2008/11/20 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
>
>> Antonio M wrote:

>>> No I have not filed a bug (and I will not file): as we are close to
>>> the release, I suggest that any change that are critical should be
>>> tested by developers as many of us had a working system and now it is
>>> broken (the it-is-rawhide-and-it-can-be-broken song should not played
>>> at this point of development)
>>>

>> First of all as I see it it's up to us QA'S not the developers to test and
>> report
>> and make sure this does not hit the end-user(s).
>>
>> Bug dont get FIXED if they dont get FILED.
>>
>> It's better that developers spend there time coding rather than testing..
>>

> this is exactly what I mean by it-is-rawhide-it-can-be-broken-song
>
> I can say that many bugs are cyclic, why should play a cyclic filing job???

So that they get fixed..

Anyway i'm unable to duplicate this.

I'm able to connect to a samba share both with a PDC as a backend and AD
using..

Places --> Connect to server
Through an already created bookmark in "Computer"
Through the "File browser" and directly enter the smb path
with smbclient from cli..

The only trouble i'm experience-ing with samba, is bug 443047

I suggest you check your firewall and if any changes have been made to
the windows machine
( if this is some lan setup )

They seem to have introduced the NM and Gnome keyring issue again.. (
Asking for password to unlock )

JBG