info on tsclient shipped with f10

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:15:23 UTC 2008

What is the reason of having version 2.0.1 in f10 that is marked as
unstable on main project site?
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=192483&package_id=226432

Inside the rpm there is no documentation at all.
It seems you must set all of user, password and domain information
when you setup a connection to a windows machine, otherwise you don't
have the chance to click the ok button to save the connection
name.....

Sometimes I see very conservative decisions (such as compiz 0.7.8, for
which I added an enhancement bugzilla entry... but no answer till
today; or the third time after F8 and FC9 of swapping out echo as the
default icon theme...) and sometimes I see decisions that are very
hard to understand...

tried to see the rpm changelog, but I see only the version update and no other.
Are the ones using tsclient happy with 2.0.1? Or perhaps in F10 one
should use by default another integrated gnome application to
establish connections to windows/linux machines with vnc/rdesktop?

I'm also going to evaluate krdc that is some time I'm not using... and
that seems more comfortable to use and configure from a first look.

Bye,
Gianluca