Installing F10 (from F9) on a system with encrypted partitions?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:48:13 UTC 2008

I have a laptop which has encrypted root "/" partition containing F9, a /opt
partition also encrypted, and this has a /home sub-directory within it, and
an unencrypted /boot partition.

If I do a clean in stall of F10 from the DVD iso once it is released, are there
any known problems likely to arise and should I be able to do a straightforward
install but yet retain access to the encrypted /opt partition?

In addition is it possible during the install to get the system to use the same
passphrase for the luks encryption for the / as well as the pre-existing /opt
partitions, and at the same time get the boot process to only ask for this
passphrase once?

Also the swap partition is encrypted - presumably the same encryption is possible
with the pre-existing swap partition during install?

The system that is currently on the machine was an original clean F9 install.