preupgrade problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Nov 21 19:35:40 UTC 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008 14:51:55 Adam Pribyl wrote:

> >> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> > I installed a newer version of preupgrade by temporarily enabling
> > the fedora-updates-testing and fedora-updates-testing-newkey repos
> > (it seemed to be necessary to include both).
> > The new preupgrade tried to install what it called
> > "Upgrade to Fedora 10 (Cambridge) Beta" but this failed.
> > I'm not quite sure why (I was doing this remotely)
> > but I'll try to find out exactly what the error is.
> >
> > Just to be clear - I can run preupgrade on a standard Fedora-9 system?
> > I've run it successfully on several machines,
> > but they were already running testing versions of Fedora.
>
> preupgrade-0.9.9-1.fc9
>
> This should work, but please choose Fedora 10 Preview. Beta is older..

Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried this, but it still fails, with the error:
Unable to download the kickstart file.
Please modify the kickstart parameter below
or press Cancel to proceed as an interactive installation.
	d:UUID=4d2cc...726d:/upgrade/ks.cfg

This is the correct UUID for /dev/sdb2 , the /boot partition.

I'm not sure what kickstart parameters there are?

The only unusual thing about this computer, I think,
is that it has 2 SCSI disks .

Incidentally, I thought the UUID referred to a disk rather than a partition.
But I see that /dev/sdb3 has a different UUID.

As always, any suggestions or advice gratefully received.