Need a xorg.conf

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:35:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 02:15:05PM -0800, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> With my new Computer, the video card is an new ATI product that supports HD (3870).
>
> With no XORG.CONF in F10, I cannot set a resolution in the 1100 by 8xx that allows me to see the screen full width. I need to have a horiz rate of 70.  The only option provided is 75.
>
> However, UBUNTU, my backup, on the same computer has an XORG file that works.
>
> My question is, Can I create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf    in F10, that will be referenced?  Can I use the one that was created for UBUNTU?

I believe system-config-display is still available for you to use to
create a xorg.conf file.  The new config-less X server works pretty
well for a lot of people but not everyone.  Someone in my LUG with a
very odd-resolution laptop had the same problem.  We ran
system-config-display, and then customized the "Screen" section to
include a Modes line with his resolution, and restarted X -- voila.