worst update yet

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 22:33:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tried to update f9->f10.  After failing with preupdate, I got the f10 dvd.
>
> 1) Hit the bug others reported, after checking media, it would not remount.  After retrying a few times, it seems waiting long enough after closing drive it worked.

I hit that too on a reinstall. I tried waiting several minutes after
closing the drive, as well as leaving it open and letting the software
trigger the close. Eventually just rebooted.

(This was after having to disable modesetting, as the installer was
just suffering a black-screen hardlock.  Finally got it installed and
can't get X working, there isn't even a config.  As far as I can F10
appears to be a lemon.)