PulseAudio info needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 27 16:12:01 UTC 2008

<cannewilson at googlemail.com>wrote:
> > There is a lot of FUD and general mistrust of PA.  It seems to me that it
> > would help a great deal if someone would write a short statement about
> > what PA
> > is and how it should work.  If there is known readable references, they
> > would
> > help too, as would noting any known work-arounds for problem.
> >
> > It would be a great help to those of us who try to give user support.
> > I'd even put it on my own web space and direct folk to it, if that would
> > help.
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > --
>
> Who spreads FUD about PA and why?

That's easy to answer - people who've had a bad experience with it - whether
by fault of design or pebcak.  What I'm really hoping for is the ability to
present a short, easily understand article that helps everyone diagnose
whether it is in fact a bug, or something the user has configured that can be
changed etc...

I get quite angry at the number of times I see replies like 'disable
pulseaudio and you'll have no more problems' - but I have not counter-
arguments.

Anne