NFS installation issue (minor)

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Fri Nov 28 15:27:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 11:21 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> For years now, I've just stuck an iso file into an exported NFS
> directory and installed with it.
> I tried that today and got the dreaded Directory could not be mounted
> from server message.

I do NFS installs via dvd iso and until F10, did the same and it just
worked with no options.  I can still get it done, but with one
option/parameter used at boot.

askmethod

If you use that, you can set your static IP, nfs info and the like (the
old way sort of, if you will), and it will go about it's business from
there using the GUI.  It should even have the nfs repo stuff already set
to be pointed to when it gets towards the end when you get to the part
where it asks how you want to install. Just accept it and go and it
works.

Good luck,

--
Mike Chambers