Error trying fglrx driver on HD3850 (Fedora 10)

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 22:47:36 UTC 2008

With the supplied Fedora 10 driver(s) I am able to get the screen to display, but not correctly at the required resolutions.
I would like to use the CRT terminal at 1152 x 864 with sweep of 70.  I am only provided a sweep rate of 75, which offsets the data on the screen by 3cm (one+ inch)
When I go to virtual terminal mode, the resolution is displaying as 320 x 200.

I downloaded some drivers from ASUS website, and I still cannot use 1152 X 864 at 70hz sweep in Fedora. But the virtual terminal now displays correctly in B/W as a vt220.

If I reboot with UBUNTU, and the drivers that UBUNTU has installed, I have no problems with most functionality. Compiz works with UBUNTU 8.10, but video does not.
I have not as yet tried video with The Bad and Ugly drivers, so I am not sure if it works. That is a test for sometime this weekend.

Linux developers should know that we are not all system programmers. I have no problems with command line stuff, but am at a loss to learn what unusual system commands are available from that mode.

Ubuntu shows glx as module  and fglx as driver. This substitution does not work with Fedora 10 (system lockout).