NFS installation issue (minor)

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat Nov 29 00:03:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 13:16 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Of course, since you're saying it works for you the old way, it does
> make me wonder if it's one of those JustMe issues. (Or perhaps the
> netinstall works differently than booting from CD 1, but I'm a bit too
> lazy to try that one out. )

Actually, it was working for me against the rawhide tree, and didn't
realize it.  So I had to use the repo=nfsiso:server:/path/to/iso
parameter and the install.img in that same page/images dir to get it to
work.  Guess those release notes are good for something hehe.

Anyway, I guess to get static, you would use the parameter above, as
well as askmethod.  Now I don't know much about using a usb stick to do
it though.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org