Selinux .vs. Apache

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sat Nov 29 23:31:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:22:45PM +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> I would dare to ask -- why in the world you need webserver data
> in /srv? What would happen if you had them in /var/www/ where
> Fedora apache expects them (and where SELinux is more than happy
> to protect your server from many kinds of attack)?

Ever heard what 'VirtualHost' is?  You may have many of those on a
single machine and you do not want to drop their corresponding files
into one big haystack.

I have no idea if this is the case with OP but there could be really
good reasons, contrary to what you think, when configurations other
than defaults should/could be used.  These are only _defaults_ for
crying out loud and if something is forcing defaults, or just makes
hard enough to override those, then this something is plain broken
by design.

   Michal