Chainloading to Rawhide

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Oct 3 13:57:45 UTC 2008

My desktop machine has a number of Linux partitions on it
and it was a pain to have to modify the boot loader for each new
Rawhide install.  I found the following to work.  sda2 contains
a Linux boot partition.

1.  install Rawhide with boot loader to its partition, not MBR.

2.  Remove hiddenmenu command from Rawhide's grub.conf

3.  Modify the active grub.whatever (i.e., the last install of
bootloader to MBR):

title Chainloader+1 Fedora sda7
    rootnoverify (hd0,1)
    chainloader (hd0,6)+1

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665