rpmdb: Thread/process 21524/3086247616 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 01:09:05 UTC 2008

Dear fellow testers,

I tried to use xterm but it was not installed, so I wanted to yum install it, and I got message in the title.

[root at riohigh ~]# yum install xterm
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
rpmdb: Thread/process 21524/3086247616 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library
rpmdb: unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region
error: cannot open Name index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory (12)
rpmdb: unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region
error: cannot open Providename index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory (12)
rpmdb: Thread/process 21524/3086247616 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library

What does all of that mean?

Thanks,

Antonio