is there a way to tell that you have ext4 filesystem vs ext3

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Sat Oct 4 13:37:52 UTC 2008

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 21:28 -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
>> Note: if you use the ext4 boot param, you still must go to the custom
>> partitioning screen to choose ext4.  The boot param simply enables this
>> choice.
>
> Will this still be the method to get it when it goes Gold? Or will ext4
> be automatically included like ext3, in which I am assuming depending on
> how testing goes to that point?

Good question.  There's no consensus upstream to drop the "dev" from
"ext4dev" yet, so it may remain as a boot option for this release, yet.

I think it may technically require a fedora "feature" change to to drop
the boot argument at this point, but I'm not certain...

It certainly won't be switched in as the *default* for F10, though.

-Eric