traceback with f10 beta x86_64 and e1000e

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:20:32 UTC 2008

I get a traceback using the beta for x86_64.
The mainboard is an intel dp35dp.
Under f9 x86 (installed onto a partition of the same pc) the driver is e1000e
lspci -v gives:
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DC-2 Gigabit
Network Connection (rev 02)

Is it supposed I'm able to install anyway but without network, due to
the blacklisted module or not?
Does it make sense to send traceback (that is related to Networkmanager
as i can see...) or not, due to the resolution of the problem after beta?

My attempt setup is this:
install by dvd tryng to install onto an existing partition (another ext3, not
the f9 one) without formatting.
I take all the defaults (apart from partition scheme) without
customization of packages, but when I select "Next"
in the packages page I get the traceback.
As I have the downloaded beta I would prefer to install with that and
then update at current...
But if there is any simple way to start from those already downloaded packeges
and rebuild an updated dvd after the e1000e fix I can do this and test.
Thanks anyway,
Gianluca