Screen Blanking in KDE, no screensaver

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Oct 8 11:23:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Screen Blanking in KDE, no screensaver
>
> Dear fellow testers,
>
> I have a question regarding screen blanking in KDE.  When using GNOME, it is pretty simple, all we have to do is
>
> Systems ---> Preferences ---> Look and Feel ---> Screen
> Saver
>
> select Power Management and set the time for the screen to
> blank and we are done.  However, in KDE an equivalent
> option does not seem to be available.  IF there is one,
> could someone please share it.  I get automatic blanking
> of the screen on two of the three machines that I run
> rawhide on.  I am using KDE most of the time, but I also
> switch to GNOME once in a while.  Two of the three
> machines have an xorg.conf file, but one of them does not.
> The two that have have an option "DPMS" in the xorg.conf
> file.  The one that does not have an xorg.conf file was
> installed from Fedora 10 Beta Install DVD.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Antonio

F8 KDE 3.5 Screen Saver:

Left click on the K Menu->Control_Center->Appearance_&_Themes->Screen_Saver

HTH

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

The mind of the prudent is ever getting knowledge, and the
eear of the wise is ever seeking, inquiring for and craving
knowledge. Pr. 18:15 Amp

Where will you spend Eternity?
http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tracts/images/PDF/tract_130.pdf

TMDA [http://tmda.net]