XO: Not so good so far

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Oct 9 03:12:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:05 PM, dave yates <dsyates at lottalinuxlinks.com> wrote:
> Yes, my fonts are cut off partially.
>

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Christopher Desjardins
> <cddesjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That's been my experience too.  I've been able to connect to wifi with
>> nm-applet (unsecured network) no problem but i figured i'd install irssi to
>> to go to #fedora-qa except that yum install irssi has seemed to kill this
>> machine.  the only application that i've been able to manually launch has
>> been gnome-terminal.
>>
>> by the way, are you fonts cut off partially?
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:56 PM, dave yates <dsyates at lottalinuxlinks.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I too got the kernel opps message; only once in about 10 sessions though.
>>> The fonts are big here as well. I have also had, in about 2 of 10 sessions,
>>> gnome lock up completely. It's been sort of hit or miss for me. I have been
>>> able to successfully start a gnome session most of the time, but in general
>>> the gnome desktop is unstable. I was able to get network manager to find my
>>> wifi, but the whole desktop locked up after trying to launch firefox.

>>> --
>>> dave yates
>>> webpage: http://lottalinuxlinks.com
>>> blog: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/blog
>>> podcast: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/podcast
>>> forum: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/forum
>>> irc: #lottalinuxlinks.irc.freenode.net
>>>
>>> --
>

> --
> dave yates
> webpage: http://lottalinuxlinks.com
> blog: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/blog
> podcast: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/podcast
> forum: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/forum
> irc: #lottalinuxlinks.irc.freenode.net
>
> --

Cutoff fonts are something that recently appeared and weren't in the
20080828 build Jeremy posted.
The current build we are installing tends to lock the machine up
pretty regularly, while the 20080828 build did not, though I don't
know what changed between the builds.
The kernel oops appeared everytime I booted the most recent build that
was posted.