Gimp 2.6 menu

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:56:59 UTC 2008

2008/10/9 Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:
> On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 00:15 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
>> Antonio M wrote:
>> >  update-desktop-database
>> > Could not parse file
>> > '/usr/share/applications/kde/AdobeReader.desktop': No such file or
>> > directory
>>
>> Jesus. You have a dead symlink in there, due to some closed-source
>> third-party RPM. Thanks for wasting everyone's time. Evince handles PDF
>> files just fine too.
>
> Why should that prevent the rest of his menu items from showing up?
>
> --
> Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
> Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)
> GPG Public Key          (geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub)
> identi.ca               (http://identi.ca/jkeating)
>
> --

1) I don't think to have waisted anybody's time, and I don't think
Jesus is involved in IT!!! :-)
2) the point is: on another two systems I am running same software
(Adobe Reader) menus are fine
3) a curiosity, how do I recover from having a dead symlink in
update-desktop-database???
4) Of course, I can add manually the item but this doesn't help to
check testing F10

Tnx all
--
Antonio Montagnani