Gimp 2.6 menu

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 08:27:55 UTC 2008

2008/10/9 Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/9 Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:
>>>
>>> Jesus. You have a dead symlink in there, due to some closed-source
>>> third-party RPM. Thanks for wasting everyone's time. Evince handles PDF
>>> files just fine too.
>>
>> Why should that prevent the rest of his menu items from showing up?
>>
>> --
>> Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
>> Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)
>> GPG Public Key          (geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub)
>> identi.ca               (http://identi.ca/jkeating)
>>
>> --
>>

> 1) I don't think to have waisted anybody's time, and I don't think
> Jesus is involved in IT!!! :-)
> 2) the point is: on another two systems I am running same software
> (Adobe Reader) menus are fine
> 3) a curiosity, how do I recover from having a dead symlink in
> update-desktop-database???
> 4) Of course, I can add manually the item but this doesn't help to
> check testing F10
>

> Tnx all
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

for my understanding I run same commands on a another F10 working
system (that has Adbobe Reader installed....
rpm -qf /usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop
gimp-2.6.0-2.fc10.i386
[antonio at acerF10 ~]$ rpm -V gimp
[antonio at acerF10 ~]$
 and then as root
[root at acerF10 antonio]# update-desktop-database
[root at acerF10 antonio]#

someone can explain why I has a broken symlink on one system and
everything is o.k. on another system??
I have to check whether on the affected system (where also scribus
menu is missing while on the other system is present under
Application/Other) the newly created users are affected from same
problem (i.e. missing scribus menu) and from the fact that I cannot
add the Trashbin applet to the application bar (and the Trashbin
applet is missing from the applet list when I ricght click on the bar
and I get add to the panel.
I am confused, so also my explanation may be confused... :-)
Any idea???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag