Current Rawhide can't read Partition Table

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Fri Oct 10 09:08:21 UTC 2008

The i386 and x86_64 rawhides rsynced just now cannot read the
first drive's partition table on an Intel DG45ID motherboard.
It offered to initialize the partition table, an offer I refused.

I recently upgraded to the Intel DG45ID motherboard after
the line out on the old motherboard died.

The FC10 beta live disk locks up the machine.  The current
Lenny weekly build install scrambles the video.  OpenSUSE 11.0
installs but neither Compiz nor ethernet work.  The newly
released Mandriva installs a system with ethernet and compiz
working but no sound so far.  Sound worked on Fedora 9,
but not compiz or ethernet.

The same pxeboot install is proceeding normally on an old
a8n-e  based system.

FWIW the DG45ID has a 192 kHz audio system but no IDE,
floppy, or PS2 connectors.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665