F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Oct 10 14:49:56 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>>
>> Now think of all the handouts of Fedora dvds cd's usb's and
>> conferences etc.
>>
>> Do we handout release notes... NO WE DON'T!
>
> It is part of the fedora release notes package in the distribution.
> Part of the default bookmarks as well.
>
>> Does the default startup page in the browser point to the Fedora
>> release notes page
>> for those end users that might have internet connection.
>>
>> NO IT'S DOES NOT"!
>
> We did before and it didn't make much of a difference.

Well if that does not further proofing my point....
>> We have to find a better way of getting the info to our end users.
>
> If you have bright ideas, let us know.
I'm curious what your definition of "us"
is so please elaborate who you consider "us"

I've already had discussion with individuals that would be involved in
implementing
my ideas but to no prevail and these where all ideas on trying to get
the release notes more
visible to the end user

The answers I got was..

Adds to much workload, as in code and maintaining that code followed by
"nobody reads those release notes anyway so it's not worth the trouble"
Which is true and valid point so there's no use wasting time and money
on it.
( Yet vital things still are put in the release notes followed by the
excuse the user should have read the release notes  )

Which means we need to come up with an alternative solution.

"Floor is open for suggestions"

So far I've not heard any idea from you.