F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 10 15:27:56 UTC 2008

Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Jerry Amundson wrote:
>>> And the people who are complaining deserve better than that.
>>> That kind of response shows you also haven't been listening.
>> Sure, I have. I honestly don't see a solution.
>
> And I think that's the lesson in all this. Different groups have
> implemented solutions, for a problem that was never really well
> defined in the first place, and now the end user suffers the
> consequences.
> This, on "a developer's distribution of choice"?

I am not sure what you are referring to. If you want to help, this is a
good chance to define what is the problem and write out a list of
solutions. Let's start with this basic assumption: You will never get
everyone to read the release notes and other important information. Some
end users will continue blindly install or upgrade their operating
system no matter what.

Rahul