CPU hovers at 99-100%, plasma the culprit

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Oct 10 18:06:46 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> CPU is hovering at 99 to 100%.  running Top shows plasma is taking it up.
> Logging out and back in makes no difference.  Something is wrong with plasma
> from new updates :(

Running kdebase-workspace-4.1.2-4.fc10? It's probably the panel autohide
backport. That changes quite some stuff in the panel code and I've also seen it
use insanely much CPU during my testing today. In addition, it also made Plasma
stop responding to mouse events randomly, that might be related to the excess
CPU usage. Try downgrading to an older kdebase-workspace build maybe?

I will see what I can do about this problem, it might involve reverting the
panel autohide patches for now.

        Kevin Kofler