F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 19:37:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 10:54 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:24:58 -0400,
>   Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 23:29 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > >
> > > I have had a ticket open since last February where the driver ignores
> > > a monitor because it doesn't do EDID and ends up not sending any signal to
> > > the DVI port (I suspect it is getting sent to the VGA port). I have to
> > > patch xorg-x11-drv-ati everytime a new version becomes available. This
> > > actually works pretty well, but is still annoying.
> >
> > Bug number?  I drown in bugzilla.
>
> It's 431691. It has been looked at before, so I don't know that you'll
> be able to do anything more now. Plus it isn't that high of a priority
> for me as I have the routine of patching down to where it only takes me
> a couple of minutes to do updates. I'd rather have you guys finishing up
> the mode setting stuff in time for the release than working on that particular
> bug right now.
>
> For the record to make my card work I force MT_DFP to be set for my
> monitor instead of MT_NONE (in a way that isn't generally appropiate).
> I entered the thread in response to Jesse's request about bugs filed
> for issues related to EDID problems.

This is actually more of a connection sense bug than an EDID bug.  I'll
take another look though, I'm entirely too familiar with that code these
days.

One thing that we should probably do is extend gnome-display-properties
to allow the user to demand modes outside what the monitor claims to be
able to do.  If anyone's looking for a good small project...

- ajax