new kernel 2.6.27-1.fc10 does not boot

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 21:44:48 UTC 2008

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-10-10, 19:09 GMT, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> the module alias isn't sufficient either - I think you will
>> have to hand-edit fstab to say "ext4" and re-make the initrd.
>> Sorry.  Thanks for running devel code! :)
>
> There is one more problem, but more likely in ex2fsprogs or
> something. Apparently fsck when running autocheck is not able to
> resolve LABEL=boot (which happens to be my /boot) and hangs.
> I had to edit /etc/fstab and rerun mkinitrd to make my system
> boot. /var/log/messages, /var/log/dmesg and the output of
> tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 is available on
> http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/2.6.27-1.fc10.i686/
>
> Best,
>
> Matěj

(the "messages" file is read-only)

You have /boot on ext4dev?  that's not supposed to work at all...

Hm, on further inspection this looks like an ext3 filesystem but with
test_fs set?  Strange.

How did you edit fstab?  I guess you mean for s/ext4dev/ext4/ on root?
Did you change something for /boot ?

Thanks,
-Eric