new kernel 2.6.27-1.fc10 does not boot

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 22:08:38 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 10/10/08, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: new kernel 2.6.27-1.fc10 does not boot
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 12:09 PM
> Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
> > Per notting's excellent suggestion, I think we can
> just put a module
> > alias for ext4dev into the now-called-ext4 module, and
> it'll all Just Work.
> >
> > I'll make sure the other ext4 devs are happy with
> that change, and
> > commit it.
>
> Note to self: test first, email later.
>
> the module alias isn't sufficient either - I think you
> will have to
> hand-edit fstab to say "ext4" and re-make the
> initrd.  Sorry.  Thanks
> for running devel code! :)
>
> -Eric
>
> --

I edited /etc/fstab and changed ext4dev to ext4, tried mkintrd command failed with it, but removed kernel and reinstalled it and now I'm back with new kernel :)

[olivares at riohigh ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.27-1.fc10.i686 athlon i386
[olivares at riohigh ~]$

Thanks for your help and all others who answered this thread!  Without you guys this would have been a pain in the #$$?$##$#

Regards,

Antonio