Received your XO? Let us know!

Brian Witt brianwitt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 22:21:46 UTC 2008

I received my XO yesterday, but am having trouble getting it to boot.
When I turn it on, I see

The clock is not set properly
Invalid system date
Stopping

and then a sad face.  A few moments later it turns off.   I tried
flashing with the latest 767 build using the instructions at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure but that didn't
change anything.

I see at

http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=91.0
and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q2d07

this is a firmware bug?  Can I upgrade the firmware myself?

I've been using Linux for about 10 years now, mostly in Red Hat Linux,
Fedora, CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu flavors.  I'm running Fedora 9 at
home and work I support a bunch of Linux servers.  So I guess I'm
fairly Linux proficient :)

Brian

--
Brian Witt at gmail dot com