Greasemonkey triage scripts

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sat Oct 11 03:50:48 UTC 2008

A big thanks to Brennan Ashton for creating a greasmonkey script to make
bug triaging faster and easier.  At our last bug triage meeting he
requested feedback on their use and a link to the script.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Meetings/Minutes-2008-Oct-07#Greasemonkey_Bugzilla_Assist_Scripts

Overall it works really well and definitely speeded up my triaging!

Does anyone have experiences to report?

Here is my feedback to make it better:

0) I would love it if there were additional buttons to add tracker bug
aliases to the "Blocks" field for all of the Fedora 10 trackers here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Trackers#Fedora_10
  For now you can skip the "alpha" and "beta" blockers as they are no
longer needed.

I'd envision that the script could be updated once at the beginning of
each new release to populate the relevant tracker bugs and remove the
old ones.

1) remove the "suicide" button--I think the name is in bad taste and it
is way out date and not applicable ("Fedora Core", talks about Red Hat
and Issue Tracker, etc.)

2) "close EOL" button contains some typos--run spell check and rebase to
latest text from here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses#End_of_Life_.28EOL.29_product

3) "close upstream" button needs text update to reflect:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses#Upstreaming

4) Overall remove all references to "Red Hat"... this is Fedora :)

5) "close nVidia" button needs text update to reflect:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses#Nvidia_Driver

6) "live CD X Logs" button--remove it?
    a) title doesn't make any sense
    b) text pasted talks about anaconda?

7) "no response" button--needs text update to reflect:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses#Unanswered_NEEDINFO_bugs

8) Is the "X Log" button text up to date and current?

9) New button that sets "Needinfo: reporter"

10) New button that sets "Needinfo: assignee"