Using the XO with the gnome image

Blake St. Claire blakestclaire at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 20:34:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Joshua Daniel Franklin
<jdf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Josh Bressers wrote:
>> the command 'chkconfig <service> off" replacing <service> with an actual
>> name.  For example 'chkconfig setroubleshoot off'.
>
> Thanks! And make it easy on yourselves:
>
> for i in setroubleshoot sendmail rsyslog rpcidmapd rpcgssd rpcbind
> portreserve nfslock netfs mdmonitor kerneloops irqbalance cups
> bluetooth avahi-daemon auditd; do
> chkconfig $i off
> done

I repartitioned my SD with parted. Slice 1 is 2G fat32 bootable, slice
2 is 512M linux-swap, and slice 3 is 1.5G fat32 (unused)

I `bash livecd-iso-to-disk.sh --xo --extra-kernel-args 3
/tmp/olpc-gnome.iso /dev/sddd1`, but added --overlay-size-mb 1024
(maybe this should have been 2048).

Mounted it and changed the olpc.fth to boot to single-user, booted the
XO with the new card, ran the above command, shutdown, reedited
olpc.fth and booted the XO again, but nothing took, i.e. sendmail,
rpcbind, etc. all started.

Any suggestions?

/Blake