vmware VM with kernel 2.6.27-1

Cory Rainey crainey at cvalley.net
Sun Oct 12 00:46:32 UTC 2008

Message: 3 Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:55:32 +0200 From: "Bruno GARDIN"
<bgardin at gmail.com> Subject: Rawhide does not boot since 2.6.27-0.398
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com> Message-ID:
<4a2527c40810111055h3c7b9e7bqb3fd93de477b7cbc at mail.gmail.com>
few month now but i have problem of boot since kernel 2.6.27-0.398. My
rawhide is a virtual system on vmware server now in version 2.0.
Whenever i try to boot, i got the following errors at the end :
Activating logical volumes VOlume group "VolGroup00" not found Unable to
access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01) Creating root device
Mounting root file system mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as
ext3. No such file or directory Setting up other filesystems setuproot:
moving /dev failed:No such file or directory setuproot: error
mounting/proc: No such file or directory setuproot: error mounting /sys:
No such file or directory Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No
such file or directory Switching to new root and running init swithroot:
mount failed: No such file or directory Booting has failed Boot works
fine with kernel 2.6.27-0.382 but fails also with 2.6.27-1. I have
looked at the thread related to ext4 but i am using ext3. I have also
tried a new mkinitrd on 2.6.27-1 but no change. Any idea of what the
problem could be ?
-- BeGe

Exactly same problem here.