Grub and Plymouth

Christopher David Desjardins cddesjardins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 20:40:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding grub and plymouth and whether
what I'm seeing may or may not be a bug.

First, when I boot my laptop I am usually greeted by a GRUB menu with a
background image, this is not the case in F10.  Instead, my laptop goes
automatically into booting from a blank screen.  Then I get a couple of
messages and then plymouth starts.  Is this normal or should I get the
usual GRUB menu with the count down allowing me to select kernels?
Note: this laptop is only running F10 it's not a dual boot or anything
strange.

Second, when plymouth starts my screen is black except for a progress
bar, which is doesn't progress smoothly and changes a few colours with
the words Fedora 9.92 in the lower right hand corner.  However, the
progress bar does eventual fill out though it still flickers with
different colours.  I have an intel 945 video chip.

Thanks!