GNOME woes on the XO / A modest proposal

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 17:01:50 UTC 2008

Greetings,

F10-Beta snap#1 is dramatically faster on my XO.  Still not quite a
speed demon.

Performance no doubt is the killer right now.  It keeps us from moving
on to deeper issues on the XO.  I'd like to pull together a lot of the
recommendations put forth so far into the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/XO_Performance.  Please
include any/all suggestions.

Before we make the decision to change the target Live image, or to build
a XO-specific live image, I'd like to gather all the pain points into
one place.  From there we can make a recommendation.

Thanks,
James