XO Roll Call: Sign up for XO Testing Teams!

Steven Salevan ssalevan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 17:40:56 UTC 2008

Greetings fellow XO testers,
It appears that with the new GNOME build the XO has reached a testable
state so it's time to start pulling together testing groups.  We will be
focusing on 6 major feature areas over the next two weeks:

 - Performance
 - Built-in Camera
 - Power Management
 - Networking
 - Display
 - Audio

Since there are ~100 volunteers participating in this project, we
realized that some structure might help to both resolve leadership
confusion and streamline the test process; hence, we're organizing
testing teams for each individual feature area.  There are two major
roles in each team:  that of the team lead and that of the team member.

As a team lead, you will have several responsibilities:
 - Coordinate your team's testing efforts
 - Establish a time for and lead regular team IRC meetings
 - Establish some _very_ basic focus point stubs for your feature area
on your Wiki page (for a good example, check out
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/XO_Performance)
 - Report testing status bi-weekly for your respective feature area page
on the Wiki
 - Ensure that all defects/bugs are filed and those that are already
filed block the FedoraOnXo tracker bug

If you'd like to be a team lead, send me an e-mail (ssalevan at redhat.com)
with your top 3 feature area interests.  These roles will be meted out
on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure and get those e-mails
out as soon as you can.  I'll be heading up the Audio team (known
henceforth as 'The Phil Collins Experience'), so if you thoroughly enjoy
both the production and generation of sound, you should join my team.  :-P

As a team member, you will have the following responsibilities:
 - Fill in the stubs that your team lead has provided on your feature
Wiki page with test cases and append your e-mail to each one you create
 - Test each test case you create on each new Fedora XO build
 - If a test case fails, file a Bugzilla (for a refresher on how to do
this, visit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests)
 - If you file a Bugzilla, notify your team lead and update the test
case on the Wiki
 - Attend IRC team meetings
 - Come up with a kickass name for your team

So!  If you are part of the XO testing project, you should sign up for
one of the groups here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XO_Test_Roll_Call

If you have any questions or comments regarding this new process, jlaska
or I would be glad to answer them.  Otherwise, fire up your new XO, load
up the new build, and start rocking out some tests!
-Steve Salevan
ssalevan at redhat.com