Rpmfusion

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 05:22:14 UTC 2008

2008/10/15 Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/15 KH KH <kwizart at gmail.com>:
>> 2008/10/15 Antonio M <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>:
>>> I have switched from livna to Rpmfusion.
>>> Sound with VLC is poor after upgrading (I guess connected to ffmpeg)
>>> How can I report any bug???
>> http://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org
>> But you will need to be more verbose and not to try to answear
>> question before asking
>> (like you have just done assuming it was a ffmpeg/vlc interaction
>> without saying which hardware/ which sound server/which kernel).
>>>

>>> --
>>> Antonio Montagnani
>>> Skype : antoniomontag
>>>
>>> --
>>

> it is why I asked the place to report a bug, otherwise this list might
> become a bug list for Rpmfusion.
> Anyway, for better understanding, yesterday night I switched from
> Livna to Rpmfusion and all available updates were done on two systems,
> one laptop running Intel ICh8 chip and the desktop running ICH5 ..
>
> Before upgrading VLC was great, after I noticed that sound was
> degraded...but I have to dig, as I rebooted the laptop it seems
> o.k....I have no time now to start the desktop as I have to go to the
> office now, I will report in ten hours....in any case the question is
> about the bug place for Rpmfusion.
>
> Great job
>
> --
> Antonio Montagnani
> Skype : antoniomontag

so..laptop seems o,k, but desktop's sound in VLC with AC97 controller
and using snd-intel8x0 driver is poor, there is small glitches and
some echo.(and it was o.k. before switching from Livna to..
laptop is using snd_hda_intel, both  2.6.27-3.fc10.i686 kernel.....

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag