XO: Success with 4 Gig Card

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Wed Oct 15 11:14:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Michael Solberg <msolberg at redhat.com> wrote:
> It's also worth noting that the few of us on #fedora-qa testing the new
> images tonight were all still getting hard lock-ups of our systems after
> a few minutes of usage.  This seems unrelated to memory - I still had
> plenty of swap left at least once when it froze up.  It almost seems
> like an X problem.  Sometimes the system freezes, but I can still move
> virtual terminal when that happens.

This was the case I was having last night - I was one of the ones on
#fedora-qa last night.  The system booted using the new Snap1 and
initially the responsiveness seemed pretty good.  Moving through the
menus seemed to go quickly and doing the initial connection to my
wireless access point was pain free.

But after a few minutes things would slow to the point of things no
longer opening up (even menus), though the mouse would still move.  If
you waited long enough though, even the mouse would freeze and stop
moving.

~Jeffrey