Bluetooth headset progress with F10

Joey Krane linuxbsd2004 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:33:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Jason Farrell <farrellj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Joey Krane <linuxbsd2004 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I inserted my Belkin USB bluetooth adapter
>> <snip>
>> [root at localhost jk]# hcitool scan
>> Scanning ...
>>     00:1D:82:3C:62:E2    Jabra BT125
>> [root at localhost jk]# hcitool cc 00:1D:82:3C:62:E2
>> [root at localhost jk]#
>> </snip>
>>

> FWIW, my new Jabra BT3030 headset doesn't work with Fedora (or even WinXP's
> default bluetooth stack) out of the box either. From what I was able to
> glean from google, the problem appears to be related to it getting confused
> about which profile to use (a2dp or headset), so you have to specify it
> (somewhere) in order to connect & pair. Not sure how that's done.

I think that could have been a problem with older releses.  The new 2.6.27
kernel, 4.xx bluetooth stack and PulseAudio is *supposed*  to make it all
just work.

I also see a SCO driver added to the 2.6.27 kernel.  I been successful in
getting the headset paired with F10 beta as detailed in my previous post.

What I'm not successful is in making this device work with any application..
For example, after pairing I opened Ekiga and I didn't find this device in
the audio setup but just the ALSA devices.

So I think there is a disconnect on how the applications should use these
dynamic audio devices vs fixed devices and all these applications aren't
capable of handlig dynamic audio devices just yet?.

Steve