preupgrade to rawhide

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri Oct 17 19:02:24 UTC 2008

Will Woods wrote:
>> Is preupgarde usable at the moment for update to Beta?
>
> You're using an old version of preupgrade. Try preupgrade-0.9.8-2, from
> updates-testing.

It's not there (any more?), nor in "testing" - at least it not in
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/testing/9/i386.newkey/
or
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/9/i386.newkey/

I did manage to downloading preupgrade from
https://fedorahosted.org/preupgrade/
using the command
bzr branch bzr://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/preupgrade/dev
followed by 'make' and 'make install'.

That sort-of works - preupgrade manages to run to completion.
However, when I re-boot, I (still) get a blank screen.

Has anybody managed to get F10 running on a ThinkPad T400
or other similar laptop with the Intel GM45 Express chipset
and "Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 07)"?
--
	--Per Bothner