f10beta frozen screen of death

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 22:13:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:54 AM, James Hubbard <jameshubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:44 PM, David L <idht4n at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have two different f10beta systems that intermittently hang.

> I have this problem as well, except it doesn't happen if I don't log
> in.  I've been using ssh from another computer and it works fine.
> When I login and lock the screen, it will freeze around the 2 hour
> mark.  I don't know that for a fact, but it seems about the right
> time.  I also believe that it will respond to pings, but I won't swear
> to it.
Update:
I can not only ping my Dell box (the one with ATI), but I can ssh
into it.  I could not kill X or the gdm login parent process of X.
I finally just did a shutdown and that worked.

I can not ping my Via box when it freezes, so I suspect I am
experiencing two different bugs on the two boxes.  :(

      David