F10 finally mostly working on ThinkPad T400

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 03:57:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:15 -0700, Per Bothner wrote:

> Compiz works, as does wireless.  However, neither suspend
> or hibernate works.  One report suggests compiz may be the
> reason suspend/hibernate don't work; so I'll experiment some more.

On my ThinkPad (old T43 with i915 graphics), running compiz definitely
breaks suspend/resume. Well, no - it *suspends* fine, but the display
never draws again after resume.

> What I did was take the latest preupgrade (from bzr), make and
> make install that.  After running preupgrade, I had to boot
> in text mode, which finally worked (after some display errors
> in text mode) - and surprisingly I ended up with a working X.

Current preupgrade bzr is packaged as preupgrade-0.9.8-2.fc[89]. They
should have been in updates-testing, but a Bodhi error caused them to
get dropped. They got restored today.

Oh, and for the record - you can just run 'sudo ./preupgrade-gtk.py'
from the preupgrade bzr clone, rather than installing it.

Glad it worked for you!

-w