Sound and F10 release

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Oct 21 16:34:04 UTC 2008

Dennis J. wrote:

> It's obvious that the specific interaction between pulseaudio and alsa is
> the problem in these cases but if neither of the stakeholders feel
> particular responsible for addressing the issue then I don't see how this
> will ever get resolved.

Personally, I've not seen any dismissing of responsibility, and leveling
such claims doesn't seem constructive to me.

I can understand the frustration (ie, "fix it now!"), but fixing such issues
is often complex, and doing it properly is the only sane way forward.  For
better or worse, that's simply a big job and a lot of work to be done (on
all sides... testers, triagers, pkg maintainers, upstreams).

-- Rex