Dependency problem with gstreamer-plugins-bad

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Oct 24 22:18:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:40:20 -0500, Christopher Stover wrote:

> Doh!  That's for the info.  I reopened the ticket for rawhide bugzilla and changed the component to directfb.

Well, it's not that easy to choose between the two bugzillas as I bet
the directfb upgrade won't be withdrawn. The damage is done. Rebuilds
are necessary. Such an incompatible upgrade is a questionable decision
so late after all the testing IMO.

This directfb upgrade was announced (and discussed briefly) on
fedora-devel-list two days ago:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg02182.html

It also breaks vlc at rpmfusion (packaged by the same person).