Selinux and Compiz

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 23:59:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
<caf at omen.com> wrote:
> A security tool that is incompatible with normal use to the
> extent it must be disabled offers no real security.  Perhaps
> it should be an add-on for security geeks instead of a default
> annoyance.

+1
Yep, I say leave the question out of the installer, and default it to
*disabled*.
Annoyances "one-in-a-thousand"? Ha. I see 779 out of 10913 bugs (1 in
14, if you will). Considering some are legit software issues, I'd
estimate one-in-a-hundred "annoyances".
Where is the ROI? Have there been documented cases where SElinux
stopped malicious things dead in their tracks? (outside of selinux
development situations, of course...)

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".