Selinux and Compiz

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 00:24:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Jerry Amundson wrote:
>
>  Have there been documented cases where SElinux
>>
>> stopped malicious things dead in their tracks? (outside of selinux
>> development situations, of course...)
>
> Sure. Mitigation is useful as well. Listing all of them would take more time
> but here is a sample:

Probably useful one time in a thousand.
Basic software and network security practices easily cover your examples.

Yet another case of the user having their experience poisoned by the
medicine, but the "doctors" insist we take it, "it's good for us"!

Chuck, kudos to you and everybody else who puts up with selinux. I
can't take the productivity hit it eventually causes with things like
this.

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".