F10 Snap 3, VMware Workstation 6.5, and ThinkPad T400

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sun Oct 26 14:23:48 UTC 2008

OK - I have successfully loaded up F10 Snap 3 on my ThinkPad T400.
Twice. I had to make a couple of changes along the way, including some
specific CMOS configuration changes, but I generally have that part
working.

The first post-install boot always hangs after the firstboot
configuration screens are done and you click the Finish button. After a
hard reset, the system does come up normally. Everything seems to work
at a base level. ATI graphics configure properly in unaccelerated mode,
but only after specifically setting Discrete Graphics in CMOS.
Autoswitch between Discreet and Internal does NOT work - it confuses and
kills X. Hopefully the accelerated drivers will work better...

I'm trying now to get VMware Workstation 6.5 up and running. It installs
without incident from the Bundle file. The RPM doesn't. In both cases,
Workstation simply refuses to start. Trying from the command line, I get
messages back that several modules and services are not running. Does
anybody have this working??? This is the next critical piece for me to
solve...

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you are calm while all around you is chaos,

--Unknown