XO: SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 00:12:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:37:49PM +0100, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 05:53:26PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 20:54 +0100, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> > > Upon booting the XO, I get
> > >
> > > 	Type the Esc key to interrupt automatic startup
> > > 	SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second
> >
> > What version of the firmware do you have on the XO?  It should say on
> > bootup.  If it's not Q2E18, you'll want to upgrade
>
> I've checked that I have Q2E18.

I've run badblocks on the SD card and it seems to be completely fine.

When I type

	boot

Fedora starts booting, there seem to be some error messages under
the bar at the bottom of the screen (they are overwritten quite fast
but I can take a picture if it seems important) and when the bar at
the bottom of the screen is all white, the screen clears and I get

	--------------------------------------
	WARNING: Cannot find root file system!
	--------------------------------------

	Create symlink /dev/root and then exit this shell to continue
	the boot sequence.

	bash: no job control in this shell
	bash-3.2#

I'm affraid I'm facing some strange nondeterministic problem,
provided other people seem to be able to boot the Snap3 just
fine, and for me it seems to give error message but then starts
to boot, and when part of the boot process finishes, it breaks
again.

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #satellite*, #brno
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat